Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pre-University English Summer Class 2015



Its been a while since the last time I was teaching. And today I am very excited! its my first day in class and I am giddy like a preschooler ;) Yup, I have always love teaching and sending me into a class is like a holiday... with pay that is. LOL! 


Anyways, I will be teaching English this summer, writing in particular and I am very  excited to share with my students the art of being able to express themselves through writing. I know it will be such a great challenge for all of us in the class where we learn English as a second language but we just have to do our best and believe that everyone is capable :)


So today, I started the class by reviewing the parts of speech, did a brief review of its function in writing and did some activities. I wanted to know what the students have already learn and we can start from there. We didn't do so much activity today... not just yet. The first day is where I assess my students. So I ask them to write some sentences. Then divided them into groups where they edit each others work and explain their corrections. I was pretty impress how they all tried their best to come up with the correct grammar. The class setting was a bit conventional this time but we will be doing more student centered activities in the coming days. 

As their teacher and facilitator I just want to make sure that we set our sail towards our goal which is to learn something and make good of our time. So, I see to it that there is a balance mixture of conventional and "casual" learning in the class. 

So, there's little update on my summer class. However, please do stay tune for more class activity updates and teaching/learning strategies. Have a wonderful day! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment